Luton & District Model Boat Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luton & District Model Boat Club

A forum about model boats & models in general.

HomeHomepageLatest imagesRegisterLog in

mafva nationals 2010

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr Bean

Mr Bean

mafva nationals 2010 Empty
PostSubject: mafva nationals 2010   mafva nationals 2010 I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 11:43 am

mafva national 2010 model show is being held at Duxford again this year on the 6th June this is a good show but a bit expensive if your not exhibiting, but I thought I would let people know. For those who don't know it is mainly millitary vehicles from static scale models to radio controlled tanks and the one to one scale tanks will be running too! for more info go to http://duxford.iwm.org.uk/server/show/conEvent.3255
Back to top Go down
klunk

klunk

PostSubject: Re: mafva nationals 2010   mafva nationals 2010 I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 11:49 am

As you say far too expensive...all them models that I cannot do justice to!"""!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Mr Bean

Mr Bean

PostSubject: Re: mafva nationals 2010   mafva nationals 2010 I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 11:56 am

I am part of mafva so we get in free!!!
Back to top Go down
klunk

klunk

PostSubject: Re: mafva nationals 2010   mafva nationals 2010 I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 11:58 am

nah nah nah nah tongue sticks out!!!!! in my face....yes I can insult myself..............
Back to top Go down
Mr Bean

Mr Bean

PostSubject: Re: mafva nationals 2010   mafva nationals 2010 I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 12:00 pm

have to get up early and take models and display them but james loves it
Back to top Go down
klunk

klunk

PostSubject: Re: mafva nationals 2010   mafva nationals 2010 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 10:40 am

how about a write up Tony!!¬!!
Back to top Go down
Mr Bean

Mr Bean

PostSubject: Re: mafva nationals 2010   mafva nationals 2010 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 1:05 pm

The MAFVA Nationals were held at its usual venue of Duxford , on sunday 6th June the event was held in a large marque situated next to the US Airforce Hanger. The set up started at 8.30am with 31 traders, 14 MAFVA branches and 19 invited clubs/societies in attendance. After set up and a quick bacon roll(with tea) I had a quick scout round outside as it is also Duxfords military vehicle day. So there was row after row of private vehicles to look at from Willys Jeeps to Landrovers and Scamells. There was also a few R C Tanks driving around. The rain held off making it a good day. By lunch time the competition in the marque was well under way and the quality of workmanship in all scales was quite staggering, as per usual I bumped into a few old friends and spent quite some time discussing new model releases and general chit chat. James and his friend Jack went off to see the 1 to 1 scale Tanks in motion in the purpose built arena at the other end of the land warfare hall. Russian and British tanks were much in evidence from T34 to Centurions, both James and Jack were most impressed by the smoke and the noise of the Chieftain MK V in particular, after that had finished, the private military vehicles were given the opportunity to take a run round the closed airfield, with a running commentary from the control tower. With the judging over the class winners were duly announced , whilst this was going on the airfield was re-opened a Mig 15 took off and deafened everyone. The day ended at 5pm with the usual packing up, the rain finally showed its self in force with the A505 resembling a river(dam i didn't have a boat) Many thanks to the organisers for a great day and if you want to look at previous Mafva Nationals why not visit http://www.mafva.net/nationals.htm.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: mafva nationals 2010   mafva nationals 2010 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

mafva nationals 2010
Page 1 of 1